Join our Team! Publicity Assistant
Publicity Assistant – part-time
At Graf-Martin Communications, we develop and implement marketing solutions for organizations that do good. Our experienced team provides excellent marketing, publicity, brand strategy development, social media engagement, fundraising support, and creative branding services to non-profit organizations, and faith-based content creators.
Our Elmira-based agency is looking for a Publicity Assistant to join our team and assist with campaigns and business initiatives. If you are looking for a role where you can apply your strengths in communications and organization, while making a difference in supporting world-changing clients, we would love to meet you. This role is office-based at 20-25 hours per week (flexible schedule during regular office hours).
- Ship books and other promotional materials,
- Assist with arranging interviews for authors with known media outlets,
- Record/catalogue publicity activity (research, look for links, etc),
- Assist in the tracking and reporting of promotional strategies and media outreach,
- Support press release dissemination, as needed,
- Provide assistance to the Media & Digital Engagement Manager, as needed.
Influencer Program Implementation (Acorn, NAB, EP)
- Assist with contest implementation of various programs (arranging contests, distributing prizes),
- Assist with creating graphics,
- Put together special mailings of influencer program and shipping,
- Gather and collate blogger reviews for client reports.
- Assist with creating/proofreading of promotional content such as emails, blog posts and social media posts,
- Support the marketing of Graf-Martin Communications’ podcast, if needed, by assisting with email copy, website copy, social media copy, image design, etc.,
- Provide additional PR support for new projects, as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma preferred but not required
- Previous work experience in marketing and communications is as asset
- Effective Interactive Communication: able to share and receive information clearly and communicate effectively to others using tact and diplomacy; strong oral and written communications,
- Action Management: highly self-managing, able to achieve results and ensure timely delivery against commitments,
- Information Seeking: efficient and effective collection of information, seeking clarity, and applying skillful questioning to gather critical information,
- Ability to work on your own and collaborate with other team members,
- Committed to providing value and reliably excellent work to our clients,
- Flexible, yet detail-oriented and organized with exceptional prioritization skills.
- Strategic Orientation: ability to link long-range visions and concepts to projects; understanding of the nature of the sector,
- Cooperation and collaboration: ability to collaborate effectively with others, to be part of a team and facilitate quality work through team efforts,
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple marketing, promotional or advertising campaign activities,
- Adept at writing, editing/proofreading, and pulling data and generating reports,
- Be comfortable using standard office software and online tools,
- Present a consistently professional, friendly demeanour and positive attitude,
- Have the desire to learn and grow within the role.
- Judgment/Analytical Thinking: able to understand a situation, issues, problem by extracting the essential elements and forming them into a whole; assimilating, organizing and interpreting information from a variety of sources.
Why Graf-Martin Communications?
As part of a small team, your work has an immediate and measurable impact. You will have the opportunity to learn, support meaningful campaigns, and coordinate various marketing activities.
At Graf-Martin Communications, you will work alongside experienced, respected professionals in the non-profit marketing, publicity, promotions, and digital communications field. We are a friendly, fun, and collaborative team that works hard to exceed our client’s expectations.
Perks & Benefits
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer:
- Continuous team learning opportunities (i.e. lunch & learn events)
- Training and development
- Team breakfasts
- Special summer hours
- Recognition program
- Social events
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, referencing the position title in the subject line of your email, by August 3, 2021. We look forward to hearing from you!
We thank all applicants for their interest in Graf-Martin Communications. Only those applications selected for an interview will be contacted.